The last milestone before next release of Ubuntu has been met: Ubuntu Colony CD 5 has been released.
The announcement is here.
The downloads can be found here.
Significant installer changes since the Breezy preview release include:
* Fix a cdebconf bug that made translations of the timezone and apt
configuration dialogs disappear, and restore translations of a few
post-reboot messages as well.
* Avoid installing usplash on server installations.
* Disable automatic LVM partitioning support on powerpc (since it
doesn't have LVM support in the installer yet).
* Add commented-out backports lines to default sources.list (#15066).
* Warn if no swap space is configured (#11327).
* Silence some scary though harmless error messages in the live CD as
it pivots into the live filesystem.
* Fix bidirectional text support in the installer (for Arabic, etc.).
* Fix PCMCIA support on old laptops with ISA bridges (#8575) and on
some Sony Vaio models (#8677).
* Fix a partitioner crash when trying to auto-resize NTFS (#15513).
* Make the country question appear again if you go back and change
your answer to the language question (#14670).
* Stop various installer implementation details from showing up as
available tasks in package managers on the installed system.
* Restore Mac OS X detection on powerpc, following a kernel fix
Of course there have also been a battery of other changes in the
installed system, generally with the goal of increasing stability as we
Some notable known bugs, which we hope to iron out before release:
* The sk98lin driver is missing; network cards with Yukon chipsets
will not be detected.
* powerpc installations with an XFS root filesystem fail to boot
* The amd64 and i386 live CDs are a little oversized, and require
700MB media as opposed to our normal 650MB requirements.