Raphael Hertzog has attended the Educ@tice in Paris and Debian has a good position amongst the education-specific distributions. Help's needed to do it even better.
I was last week in Paris for the Educ@tice trade show: an event
dedicated to IT in the education world. Christian Perrier and myself
were representing the Debian project.
See the full report:
The good news is that almost all education-specific distributions are
now based on Debian. The sad news is that most of their work is not
reintegrated in Debian and as such there's a bit of duplication of
That's why we need several (french-speaking) Debian Developers willing
– mentor/sponsor some members of those projects
– help create Debian Policy compliant package of their software
– follow the projects, and give them good technical advice in order to
ease their integration into Debian
Here's a non-exhaustive list of things that should be done (IMO) :
– Integrate packages created by AbulEdu
Contact: Eric Seigne
– Integrate packages created by Ofset
Contact: Georges Khaznadar
– Integrate packages created by Skolelinux.fr / Schlossgul
– Merge work of Skolelinux.fr back into the main debian-edu
Contact: Thierry Stauder
Don't hesitate to contact me if you want me to introduce you to the
relevant persons (or if you want more details).
Thanks for your help !
— Raphaël Hertzog Premier livre français sur Debian GNU/Linux : http://www.ouaza.com/livre/admin-debian/