A few days ago I blogged about the way we can now deliver a more robust .deb installation of our application on Ubuntu Feisty Fawn. Now that I've released a first non-snapshot .deb package, I ran some more tests and discovered a little quirk.
Read it here
And now the small-but-annoying problem. I noted that the installer progress bar “installing dependencies” got stuck around the middle. I first thought there was a temporary connection problem, but as it didn't resume I opened the “Terminal” tab. Aaargh…. The licensing stuff! You have to go to the bottom of the page and manually insert “y” and press return. I hope that Sun and Ubuntu will be soon able to get rid of this. In the meantime, I strongly suggest you give this hint in the installation notes of your application