I recently installed Kubuntu via Wubi, uninstalled Kubuntu after a bunch of things didnt work, installed Ubuntu via Wubi, found out that a lot of things didnt work, got those things to work, installed kubuntu-desktop, and uninstalled ubuntu-desktop.
Here's the status
Anyway, stuff that didnt work out of the box.
1280×800. It didnt let me choose that resolution, the max was 1024×768. You have to do some editing in xorg.conf, or theres some command line junk that you have to enter, go here if you need it. Thats not how I fixed it, I dont remember what I did but it involved mindlessly pushing enter for two minutes and you probably shouldnt do what I did because you might screw something up.