Getting it to work in Microsoft Virtual PC is a little more complicated – the various tricks are located in various forum and bug posts around the web that I can never find when I need them so I am collating them here for my own use later – hopefully you may also find them useful.
Read how in this blog
There are a few basic issues with getting Ubuntu 7.10 working inside Virtual PC.
1. The default display color settings use a higher color depth than Virtual PC supports
2. Ubuntu has a hard time recognizing the emulated Virtual PC mouse
3. Networking does not work initially
4. Time syncronization with the host can be a little off.
5. Soundcard does not work initially
6. The ubuntu splash screen “usplash” causes problems when shutting down/restarting.