I had to slim Asterisk to the most minimalistic configuration possible to run on my Linksys NSLU2 (ARM cpu @ 266 Mhz, RAM 32 MB).
Read it here
My needs :
- SIP calls between my IP phones and softphone
- Incoming/Outgoing calls through a SIP ITSP (ipness.com)
- Echo test to make sure audio is going through in some situation
- I only use the alaw codec, compatible with my IP phones and ITSP, you should avoid transcoding. My DSL connection offers dynamic IP only and gives around 3400 Kbps down/386 Kbps up. I could use the GSM codec, but the ITSP doesnt support it
- No voicemail or other apps