'DebianDayPT 2008' took place in the University of Aveiro, Portugal
on the Debian's 15th anniversary (16-Aug-2008). The event, attended by more than 50 Debian users/friends, had several
presentations about Debian
DebianDayPT 2008 Report
'DebianDayPT 2008'  took place in the University of Aveiro, Portugal
on the Debian's 15th anniversary (16-Aug-2008).
The event, attended by more than 50 Debian users/friends, had several
presentations  about Debian:
* “Debian Project – what is it and how to help”, by Pedro Ribeiro;
* “Linux on the University of Aveiro”, by João Rodrigues;
* “GNU by the window” – a story (and discussion) about a Debian
implementation in schools, by Paulo Lapa;
* “Debian Localization: i18n and l10n”, by Miguel Figueiredo;
* “10 years of Debian on FEUP (University of Porto)”, by Nuno
* “Server monitoring with Debian”, by João Carneiro;
There was also room to share experiences and celebrate one more Debian
The general feeling among participants it's that it was a success and
should be repeated.
A local newspaper ('Diário de Aveiro') and radio covered the event, a
scan of the article is also available .
The article talks abaout the event, the spirit of the event and also
about the Debian Project.
Note: I'm not subscribed.