Hi, here are some bits from Debian Pure Blends :
1. Rename finished
At DebConf 8 it was decided to rename the effort which was formerly
known as Custom Debian Distributions. The rename to Debian Pure
Blends now can be considered as finished in the docs, code and
infrastructure (mailing list, alioth project, etc.. There are
compatibility packages cdd-dev and cdd-common for one release cycle
to enable smooth upgrades.
2. New Blends
The BrDesktop project is actually not really a new Blend because it is
released with Lenny but it started using the technical framework since
last month. Also the DebiChem project is using the framework now. You
might like to have a look at the list of all Blends  which are using
the Framework to create tasks and bugs pages.
3. New features
The tasks and bugs pages are now created using Ultimate Debian
Database (UDD)  which enabled a lot of new features which
came quite cheap. These are
– Outright information about versions and architectures even
including information about newer upstream
– Information about packages in experimental and new queue
– Displaying DebTags (or asking user to provide DebTags if they
– Popcon stats
– Providing correct links to Vcs
– Provide screenshots from screenshots.debian.net
Please provide screenshots to screenshots.debian.net to make
the tasks pages even more informative!
4. Blends needing more support
The Blends Debian Junior and Debian Lex currently are not actively
maintained. Some fresh blood might be needed.
5. Ways to help Blends and Debian users in General
– Translate package descriptions (see yellow buttons on the tasks
– Provide proper DebTags (see yellow buttons as well)
– Provide screenshots at screenshots.debian.net
– Usability comments about tasks and bugs pages
– Join a Blend featuring your own interests or create a new one.