As debmirror is a native package that may interest developers I thought a quick announcement here is appropriate.
I uploaded version 2.2 earlier this morning. In comparison with the lenny
version, this introduces the following new features:
* Automatic creation and update of suite->codename symlinks (1.0)
* Option to cache the mirror state between runs (2.0)
* Significant speed increase for parsing Packages/Sources files (2.0)
* Mirroring of “current” Debian Installer images (2.0)
* Mirroring additional files from specific directories (2.1)
* Mirroring translation files (2.2)
For additional details, see my blog:
Note that debmirror is intended to be used for creating (partial) local
mirrors, not for official mirrors of the archive.