As last year the Debian Groupware Meeting was held in the LinuxHotel,
Essen, Germany. This is a short summary what happened during the
* We worked on getting Icedove 3 (aka Thunderbird) into shape for
Squeeze by fixing the remaining RC bugs and fixing many more issues
along the way. Icedove 3 entered testing recently.
* After many months Iceowl-extension (aka Lightning) got back it’s companion
standalone Iceowl (aka Sunbird). A version compatible with Icedove 3
has been uploaded to unstable and we went through almost all of the
open bugs. This version also entered testing recently.
* Evolution bug squashing: We went through a great pile of Evolution bugs
updating their status, requesting more information to reproduce them,
forwarding them upstream and closing the fixed ones along the way.
* Z-push got packaged and is ready to be uploaded once the licensing
issues are resolved – upstream is looking into this.
* We updated the “Groupware in Debian” status page .
For more details have a look at the wiki page. Being four instead of
three people at the event we gained 33% more participants over last
year. We hope to see even more of you around next year.