Dear Developers, given that they managed to survive the training period started at DebConf11, I’m happy to announce that the Debian System Administration (DSA) team has now two new full members: Faidon Liambotis and Tollef Fog Heen.
An updated DSA delegation is reported below.
I hereby appoint the following developers as members of the Debian
System Administrators (DSA) team:
- Faidon Liambotis (paravoid)
- Luca Filipozzi (lfilipoz)
- Martin Zobel-Helas (zobel)
- Peter Palfrader (weasel)
- Stephen Gran (sgran)
- Tollef Fog Heen (tfheen)
Any previous delegation to the same team, not explicitly listed above,
The delegation is not time-limited. It will be effective until further
changes by present or future DPLs.
Debian System Administrator team members handle the basic infrastructure
of the project. They are responsible for tasks that include:
- Maintaining the central user (LDAP) database listing all the Debian
developers. This includes:
– account creation and deletion based on requests from the Debian
– correlation of GPG keys to the according accounts based on requests
from the Debian Keyring Maintainers
- Setting up and administering Debian-owned machines, ensuring that they
are kept secure, operational, and running.
- Coordinating with local admins of the machines regarding network
connectivity and (if needed) asking for remote hands
- Granting required rights to other developers who need them to maintain
a particular service
- Handle standard services like the debian.org email alias that each
developer has or keeping DNS up to date
- complete install requests for porter chroots
- maintaining the Debian Machine Usage Policies (DMUP), within the
– the DMUP cannot directly cause the expulsion of a developer from the
project; it can however propose the developer for expulsion to DAM,
on the basis of DMUP violation
– changes to the DMUP shall be announced to the debian-devel-announce
mailing list at least 2 months in advance with respect to when they
are supposed to become effective
All the above information, with a reference to the present delegation,
will shortly be available at
Kudos for the high quality of the very important job that DSA is up to,
and good luck to the new team members!