Hi, it’s my pleasure to announce the immediate availability of Debian Edu 6.0.7+r1 (“Debian Edu Squeeze”). Debian Edu 6.0.7+r1 is an incremental update to Debian Edu 6.0.4+r0, containing all the changes between Debian 6.0.4 and 6.0.7 as well Debian Edu specific bugfixes and enhancements. See below (in this mail) for the full list of (edu) changes.
Please see http://www.debian.org/News/2012/20120311 for more information on “Debian Edu Squeeze”.
Images are available for download at http://ftp.skolelinux.org/skolelinux-cd/
These images are suitable for amd64+i386.
Changes for Debian Edu 6.0.7+r1 Codename “Squeeze”, released 2013-03-03:
* sitesummary was updated from 0.1.3 to 0.1.8
* Make Nagios configuration more robust and efficient
*Comply with 3.X kernel
* debian-edu-doc from 1.4~20120310~6.0.4+r0 to 1.4~20130228~6.0.7+r1
* Minor updates from the wiki
* Danish translation now complete
* debian-edu-config from 1.453 to 1.455
* Fix /etc/hosts for LTSP diskless workstations. Closes: #699880
* Make ltsp_local_mount script work for multiple devices.
* Correct Kerberos user policy: don’t expire password after 2 days.
* Handle ‘#’ characters in the root or first users password.
* Fixes for gosa-sync:
* Don’t fail if password contains ”
* Don’t disclose new password string in syslog
* Fixes for gosa-create:
* Invalidate libnss cache before applying changes
* Multiple failures during mass user import into GOsa²
* gosa-netgroups plugin: don’t erase entries of attribute type
“memberNisNetgroup”. Closes: #687256
* First user now uses the same Kerberos policy as all other users
* Add Danish web page
* debian-edu-install from 1.528 to 1.530
* Improve preseeding support and documentation
End-user documentation in English is available at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Squeeze/ – translations to French, Italian, Danish and German are available in the debian-edu-doc package. (Other languages could use your help!)
If you want to contribute to Debian Edu, please join our mailinglist email@example.com!